1. Write a compelling Resume Headline: Your Resume Headline needs to be interesting, and has to reflect your experience and skills to catch the attention of a recruiter. The more precise it is, the more chances of it getting noticed by recruiters. For example, writing “Experienced in software industry” is too generic, but “3 years experience in Java/J2EE” highlights your experience and your skill-set precisely. Similarly, ‘Executive in chemical industry” is too broad and doesn’t really highlight your designation or level of experience; whereas, “Senior manager-Operations, with 7 years in the chemical and polymer industry” does.
2. Enter the right keyskills: The keyskills you enter in your Naukri Profile need to reflect your professional strengths. What is the best way to figure that out? Here is a tip: Fill the blanks in the following statements: I am proficient in ______; I have developed expertise in ______; I have done projects in the field of _____; I have a certification in ______; I have a sound knowledge of _____. Whatever you write in these blanks are your ‘keyskills’. Write your Technical skills, soft skills, and tools and softwares that you know well.
3. Update your profile regularly: Make sure you update your profile at least once in 6 months. 6 months is a long time and most people add new skills, take up new responsibilities, or complete new projects in that much time – and that information should be reflected in your resume. Moreover, your total years of experience changes in 6 months and needs to be updated. Every week lakhs of jobseekers update their Naukri profile with their recent professional accomplishments – so if your resume is outdated by more than 6 months you may be losing out on those new job opportunities.
4. Fill in relevant fields in your profile: Recruiters search candidates based on various parameters of candidates: such as Functional Area, Education, Current Salary, Keywords, Skills, Designation, Company name etc. This means there are multiple ways in which your Resume can show up in front of a recruiter. So the more information you enter in your profile the more the chances that your resume shows up. Make sure your profile completeness bar displayed in the My Naukri Home page is close to 100%
5. Verify your contact details: Recruiters hesitate to contact candidates with unverified contact details. When an employer sees that your mobile number and e-mail id are verified, he/she is more likely to contact you for new job opportunities.
Related Posts via Categories